Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Action Learning Post 1

So far, I’ve only gotten as far as to brainstorm ideas about the action learning project. I think I’m leaning toward doing a project about media center funding… but I’m not sure where to go with that. Do I compare different counties within the state? If so, where do I start? Or, do I look at voluntary funding sources, such as grant funding or PTO funding? Another idea I’ve had is to look at collaboration that takes place between teachers and media coordinators throughout our school and across the county. I know that our librarian is an excellent collaborator and is willing to help us find almost anything that will work with our curriculum and fit our needs, but is that the case everywhere in the county? Will I be able to do that one day?

As I stated, I’ve only come up with questions. Our learning set has not met yet; there was some confusion about meeting time, but that has been cleared up. Hopefully we can meet next week and get the ball rolling with that. I haven’t yet heard from one group member regarding our meeting time yet.

The whole project is a bit ambiguous to me right now, and I’m a little unclear about the portfolio, but I’m sure that will come into perspective more as the semester progresses.

No comments: