Saturday, November 29, 2008

Action Learning Post 4

I met with Kathy last week to finalize our grant writing and to write my biography for the grant. We compiled it and sent it off and should hear back by January, in time to order the books for the unit. I like the format of that grant and would love to have the opportunity to go to the conference with Kathy if it gets funded. Doing the storymapping with the kids is going to be an interesting experience, and I hope that they'll be able to discover some things about the program that I haven't learned yet and can teach me as much as I teach them.

I'm thinking I might try to email/write Paulsen before the kids do just to make things easier so that he knows to expect correspondence from them.

I need to rework my planning sheet a bit, but I really feel like I'm on track with this. The grant is only a small part of what we're trying to do, but it feels like the first hurdle is complete.

I've put together a rough outline for my presentation on Wednesday, but need to finalize it. Not having internet at home is really making this planning a bit difficult because I have to remember to print everything at school or run to the public library (as I have this morning) to complete things. But, at least we're in the home stretch!

No comments: